Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Love in Action

I always need a project.  An outlet for creativity.

Until recently, I believed that my creative endeavors were merely hobbies - things I did for the enjoyment of the process.  I loved sharing the completed project with others, yet never made the connection that the people in my life were actually the driving force and inspiration for each task.

Two months ago, I sat in a workshop taught by a dear friend.  The topic was "Love in Action".  This friend explained how we can use our creative talents to make things for others, with the goal of expressing our love for them in a tangible way.

As I listened to her share this concept (which I will talk about more in future posts), I quickly realized that I SPEAK THIS LANGUAGE!  Sure, there is often talk about "love languages" in respect to how we respond to love when it is given to us. (I'm a time-spent person.)  But, I have not heard much discussion on what love language we use when GIVING it to others.  I found my REVERSE love language!

This new way of thinking made me realize that my projects are a way for me to give a piece of myself to my family and friends in return for the joy of having them in my life.  For example, I wasn't baking cupcakes because I enjoy baking.  I was doing it, while continuously thinking about the toddlers, who would be so excited to eat them the next day, in my daughter's daycare class.

So.... why the blog?
Easy answer... A friend told me to do it.
Actually, I've had several people encourage me to take my insanity projects to the next level. I thought a blog would be a good place to share things I've done or am working on so that others can get new ideas and in turn share their ideas with me.

Currently, the plan is to keep it somewhat seasonal in topic.  I'll be posting ideas for entertaining, event planning, trip planning, decorating, holidays, and whatever else my crazy brain comes up with. Of course, I'd love it if readers will share their own ideas on the topics as well! 

Welcome to my NEW PROJECT!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I'm looking forward to what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete