Friday, June 11, 2010

Charming Charm Bracelets


A great gift for a new mom, or a grandma!

When it was time for me to return to work after the birth of my daughter, I made myself this bracelet so that I could have photos of her with me wherever I was.


I used a "Martha Stewart Crafts" kit that I found at Michaels. I don't think that kit is currently available, but there are many other kits for photo jewelry online. Or, you can just check out the jewelry making section at Michaels, where I'm sure all of the necessary pieces are available. (That's probably a better option because you could add as many charms as you want.)


For this kit - all I had to do was print and cut out the 6 pictures I wanted to use.  Then I attached the photos to the silver charms with a double-sided tape. The kit came with clear, dome shaped stickers that went over top of each photo.

It took about a half hour to make two identical bracelets. (One for me, one for my sister.)  Supplies were two kits and 12 pictures.

Reminder:  If you shop at Michaels, make sure that when you check out you use both the weekly Michaels 40% off coupon, along with a second 40% coupon from a competitor. (Unless the items are on sale - coupons are usually only good on full price items.)

No comments:

Post a Comment