Monday, June 14, 2010

Chocolate Anyone?

This week's project is planning for the Dove Chocolate Discoveries party that will be at my home on Friday evening. (Disclaimer - all photos in this post are not mine, I swiped them off the DCD website.)

 I don't host a lot of these types of in home sales parties, mostly because I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, so I really like to focus on only that.  However, with this one, I just couldn't resist!  A family friend is the Dove Chocolatier and when she told me about it, I jumped right on board!


My sister already had a party at her house.  It was there that I fell deeply in love with the DCD Chocolate Mousse.  I already have a good supply of it, and will be buying lots more!

When it comes to home parties, a lot of hostesses count on the person doing the party to do all the planning.  I'm positive that my friend will do a wonderful job, but I know that it is up to me to make sure that my guests have a great experience.  I feel that if my friends are willing to give up their Friday night to come to my house, then I need to do everything I can to make sure they leave feeling comfortable, pampered and well fed!

So - that's the plan.  Since chocolate is such an indulgence, my goal is to create an atmosphere that goes along with that.  However, I think I can accomplish the look I want with a small budget.
 
 For now, I'm going to leave the details as a surprise for another day, because I want the people who are coming to be the first to see everything.  I will give you a little taste of my grocery list though...  marshmallows, strawberries, graham crackers, vodka.... (Yes, there will be chocolate martinis.)

I'm really excited to see some of you on Friday at 7 p.m.!  Reminder, if you still have not RSVPd yet, please do so A.S.A.P.!

Hmm... a Friday evening with my friends and lots of chocolate... Doesn't get much better than that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment