Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Personalized Party Pumpkins


I love making party favors, and often try and personalize them.  For my daughter's first Halloween, I was expecting a group of babies, ranging from just a few weeks old to 2 years old.  I wanted to personalize each favor, and make sure that what was given to each child was age appropriate.

This time of year, plastic jack-o-lanterns with handles are available pretty much everywhere.  I purchased one for each of the kids, along with stuff to put in them that was appropriate for the current age of each child.

To write the names:   I have a font on my Mac that I always use for Halloween crafts.  I'm sure a lot of you will think it is familiar (Harry Potter fans), because the font is called "Hogwarts Wizard".  I typed each name in the font and the size I wanted them on the pumpkins.  They were printed out all on one page, and then cut into individual names.  Each name was taped on the inside of the pumpkins.  The plastic is thin enough that it is really easy to see through to trace the font perfectly.  I used a dark purple Sharpee marker - because I love combining purple and orange for Halloween stuff.

My daughter has used her pumpkin for three Halloweens so far, and it is currently sitting on her play kitchen set, waiting to be taken around the neighborhood again on October 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment